Teacher and Aide appreciation!
As always we wish to thank our exceptional teachers and aides for making this all possible! If you would like to make a donation to the Teacher and/or Aide pool please click the "Donate" button below.
100% of your donation will be passed along to our Teachers and Aides!
Parent participation sign-up opportunities are live.
The Board warmly welcomes all new and returning families to the Daruma no Gakko summer program.
- Daruma no Gakko requires one parent per family to sign-up for one GROUP 1: SCHOOL SITE participation AND one GROUP 2:COMMITTEE assignment per student.
- Parents from the same family cannot sign up for the same job on the same day even if there is more than one slot to fill.
- One family cannot sign up for the same job even if it has slots for different days and times, e.g. cooking.
- When signing up, please be sure to enter the student's name that you are volunteering for.
- Please note that childcare for siblings not attending Daruma is not provided during your volunteer shift.
GROUP 1: SCHOOL SITE / CRAFT PARTICIPATION (one per child):
- SCHOOL ASSISTANT: Assist with daily snacks, kitchen and bathroom clean up, supervise curbside drop-off, and miscellaneous help as needed. 8:45 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- PLAYGROUND SUPERVISOR: Provide adult supervision before class time and during recess periods, bathroom clean up and miscellaneous help as needed. 8:45 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- CLASSROOM ASSISTANT: Assist with various projects in class. You may sign up for only one classroom assistant slot per family even if you have more than one child enrolled. Dates and times vary and may be subject to change.
- COOKING ASSISTANT: Assist with cooking projects, help with food preparation, assist students, kitchen and bathroom clean up, and miscellaneous help as needed. Dates and times vary. You may sign up for only one cooking slot per family even if you have more than one child enrolled.
- CRAFT PROJECTS: Assist with arts & crafts, sewing, carpentry etc. Many of these projects can be done at home. If any special equipment is required, e.g. sewing machine or table saw, it must be provided by the parent volunteer.
- UNDOKAI COMMITTEE: Assist with planning and running of Undokai (Family Sports Day) on Saturday, June 24th. Must also attend one mandatory evening meeting TBA at 7pm at BMU.
- GAKUGEIKAI COMMITTEE: Assist with set-up, serving refreshments and clean-up for the end-of-session school performance on Friday, July 14th. Must also attend one mandatory evening meeting TBA.
- SCHOOL SET-UP TRANSPORTATION: Meet at storage facility on Sunday, June 18th at 12:30 p.m. Transport boxes from storage to BMU. Unload boxes, help build wall between classrooms and assist with moving furniture. Must have a large truck or minivan. Please bring a hand truck or dolly.
- SCHOOL SET-UP UNPACKING: Assist with unpacking and shelving supplies, moving furniture and setting up classrooms on Sunday, June 18th from 1:30 to approx 5:00pm.
- SCHOOL SET-DOWN PACKING/INVENTORY: Assist with inventory, and packing of school supplies to storage on Thursday, July 13th from 9:00 a.m.– approx 1:00 p.m.
- SCHOOL SET-DOWN TRANSPORTATION to STORAGE: Assist with transporting boxes from BMU to storage unit. Must have a large truck or minivan. Please bring a hand truck or dolly. Meet at BMU at 4:00pm on Thursday, July 13th.
- TEACHER / BOARD APPRECIATION: Assist with the Teacher Board Appreciation Luncheon held at BMU on the last Wednesday of the session, July 12th (approx 12pm – 3pm).
Sign up for Group 2 here: http://signup.com/go/JtVXaaW
Please remember to write down your assignments! You will NOT receive a reminder about your Parent Participation job assignments! Daruma no Gakko is a 501(c)(3) non-profit parent cooperative and parent participation is vital to our program. We respectfully strive to keep parent participation mutually beneficial for our program as well as each of our families.
Please help with fulfilling the teachers' wish lists! Please also sign up to bring a snack for our teacher, aides and guests. *Please note that fulfilling wish list and snack items is greatly appreciated, but does not count toward fulfilling parent participation requirements.*
Sign up Wish Lists & Snacks here: http://signup.com/go/RigHTaR
If you can provide extra volunteer help, please tell your child’s teacher. The teachers have so much to convey in so little time that your effort will be greatly appreciated.