Our pilot afternoon program for 2017 was sucessfully run by our very own Kindergarten teacher, Miho Matsugu, so we will be continuing it for the 2018 session. It is our goal to maintain a 4-to-1 ratio.
The Afternoon Program has a different format than morning DNG classes. However, we still include fun Japanese-American heritage cultural activities.
- Language & word games
- Arts & Crafts
- Library corner
- Cooking projects
- Special guests & projects
12:00 - 12:15 Transition Period
12:15 - 1:00 Lunch and free time (bring own lunch)
1:00 - 1:45 Activity 1 / Rotating Stations
1:45 - 2:00 Snack
2:00 - 2:45 Activity 2 / Rotating Stations
2:45 - 3:00 Clean Up / Garbage/Recycling, etc.
3:00 - 3:30 Free time and Pick-up
- BYOL -- Bring your own lunch. One small snack and water will be provided.
- Reminder: DNG has a strict no-nut policy. No food sharing is allowed. Please do not send candy and sugary drinks.
- No cell phone or electronic device use allowed.
- Attendance will be taken during the transition time from the morning program to the afternoon program. Please sign out your student(s) everyday at pick up.
- You may pick up your student any time during the afternoon program before or at 3:30pm. After 3:30, a late fee of $1 per minute will be charged, payable in cash upon pick up.